Friday, June 11, 2010

School's out!

Since there is no way I'm going to be able to fill in everything that's happened since the last post, I'll just write some highlights. Since January, Gwen turned six, lost two teeth, got another award at school, and finished kindergarten! Today was her graduation. I know, kindergarten graduation is kind of silly, but it was fun to see her so excited. She got the principal's award for all A's. But what I was most impressed with was the Tom Flores Award. I her school district they give out character trait awards for trust, family,caring, respect,and responsibility. The Tom Flores award is given to those who demonstrate all these characteristics. I am sorry if it sounds like I'm bragging, but I noticed something interesting about ALL the students who received this award. They were all involved in some type of church community. Just goes to show you not everything can be taught in the schools.


Here is her first day of kindergarten.



And this is the last day of Kindergarten. I was happy she let me comb her hair!



Getting her award. She does not like all the attention.


This is after she lost her second tooth.



Now for Ethan. He has become a great older brother and makes us laugh all the time. I have a feeling he will be the class clown and take great pride in that roll. He just finished his first year of preschool and will have to endure Mom teaching him a lot more next year. A friend and I are going to be doing a small preschool out of our home next year. Hopefully Ethan will benefit from it. Right now I'd be happy if he would just sit still and listen. Like I said, he is a great brother and a wonderful help to me. He's always throwing away dirty diapers for me, getting Jaspers bottle ready, finding the binki, and countless other things to make Jasper happy.

He love to give hugs and kisses (or has he calls them "buggles") to everyone


Even when Jasper is just laying on the floor Ethan makes sure is doesn't get lonely.


Yes, I know Ethan has no pants. I'm just happy the potty training battle is over. I need a rest before I can take on the staying dressed battle.
These two love playing cars together.


And finally Jasper. He is growing up too fast, like all babies do. I'm glad he's still so little for his age. I'll get to have a "baby" for even longer! He loves his brother and sister and smiles every time he sees them. Gwen can get him laughing so hard! I love baby laughs! He keeps everyone well entertained at church. And I don't just mean our family. He's about ready to crawl and our poor dog can sense it. There will be no more moving out of baby's reach for poor Scratch.

Notice how he can roll his tong!


First trip to the zoo.


He got all tuckered out.



I love this picture! We have a picture of my dad has a baby with this hair style, little overalls and a huge smile. I reminded me of that.

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

Thanks for the update. Your kids are ADORABLE!